JRT practitioners are widely respected for their knowledge and experience in all aspects of Olympic and professional sports, and the media, broadcast and sponsorship arrangements of sporting bodies and leagues.
Our recent experience includes:
- Assisting entities to establishment new leagues,teams, player EBA's and policies and negotiating the key media, broadcast and sponsorship arrangements
- Restructuring the governance and constitutional frameworks of two Olympic Sports in order to comply with the requirements of the Australian Sports Commission and in one case, progression to a unitary national structure
- Preparing an updated Anti-Doping Policy that is compliant with the latest requirements of ASADA and the Australian Olympic Committee
- Establishing and running investigations and inquiries concerning alleged breach of Codes of Conduct
- Acting for a prominent national sporting federation including drafting and negotiating its selection policy with the Australian Olympic Committee for the 2004 Athens Olympics, 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2012 London Olympics
- Advising a private company on the acquisition of an inner suburban sporting facility
- Advising the organiser of commercial sporting events on risk and liability issues and documenting arrangements with managers, participants and sponsors
- The application of the principles of procedural fairness in the selection of athletes for international sporting events
- Assisting with governance and restructuring of sporting bodies and advising on constitutional and meeting arrangements and issues
Geoff Rees served as Chairman of the Advisory Board of Melbourne University Sport for over 7 years.