Our team members’ recent experience includes:
- Reviewing and negotiating loan and security arrangements for the restructure of a large Australian franchise
- Advising an Australian company on the impact of international financing by an overseas subsidiary on the Australian company’s group financing arrangements
- Advising on Personal Properties Securities issues and registrations
- Providing advice to a global organisation on anti-bribery and corruption policies and issues under Australian and international law
- Advising on capital raisings
- Finalising a major insurance claim and settlement deed; finalising deed of distribution of proceeds between joint venturers ($250 Million); drafting and negotiating deeds for interim payment and final payments of insurance proceeds and disbursement of proceeds
Our Chairman, Campbell Johnston, has practised in all areas of banking and finance law, with extensive experience in project and corporate financing and domestic and international capital markets transactions. He has represented both sponsors and financiers in a wide variety of industrial resources and infrastructure development projects, sales and acquisitions.
Cam was named in Euromoney Expert Services as a world leading expert in banking law and a leading individual projects lawyer. He is a guest lecturer at Melbourne University in the area of Project Finance.
Geoff Rees is the Chairman of the Legal Practitioners Liability Committee (LPLC), which provides professional indemnity insurance and associated risk management services to all Victorian and many national law firms. He is also a member of the LPLC’s Investment Sub-Committee.